Friday 10 March 2006

Friday

Hi everyone,

Firstly, for Stuart - no it wasnt Heriot Watt it was Edinburgh - well now I have learnt something!!!!

Hope everyone is ok and that you all have a great weekend.  I have had a really wierd week - would never have thought that I would have gone to Edinburgh!! Great to do things on a whim.

I must tell you about our flight back though - so so scary!!! We were coming in to land at Gatwick and all of a sudden things didnt feel right - the engine seemed to be accelerating again and then the plane turned sharply on its side and then the pilot said that we had had to pull up quickly as the plane that landed before us was still on runway and we would have been too close!!!!!! Well do you know what first went into my head when the plane went all wierd - what if I cant see my kids again!!! I was so glad to be on ground again believe me!!!! I hate flying!!!

My boys have just gone off to their Dad and John will soon be arriving with his boys - so a bit of a quieter weekend for us.  We are going to look at a new car tomorrow - a Peugeout 307sw - its in Ilford, Essex. So bit of a trip for us in the morning! John's bosses gave him an offer to stay the other day which made things difficult - it was a very hard morning this morning as he had to tell them for definate - anyway Im glad to say that he has def opted for the new job now and no turning back.  He starts on 27th March so we need to get the car like now!!! Time is running out! It's all exciting now and Im sure he will do well - he is worried incase it doesnt work out and I said oh well just get another job if it doesn't.  If you dont take chances when they come along then you end up regretting that you didnt at least try.  So I think we have made the right decision.

I probably wont be back online til Sunday night so I hope you all have a good weekend and I will look forward to seeing what you have all been up to!

Laine xxxxxx

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob has a 406 estate, I would love a 307....is it the new design? Hope the new job goes well for John.  

Anonymous said...

What did you learn do tell !  Oh for goodness sake ,your flight ,and you had'nt even told us you were going ,thanks for sharing ..not ..lol I hope you have a good weekend ,...............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

307 is a nice car.........
hae nice weekend

Anonymous said...

OOOO!  The "P" car!  I rode in one of those most of my first year in college...yummy.  Notice I said rode...not drove. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Hope John feels like he made the right decision - time will tell :-)  Oo er at the plane - glad I wasn't on it *shivers*