Thursday 2 March 2006

Feeling excited

Hello everyone,

Sorry I had to turn my alerts off again - Im really not being a very good journaler at the moment am I!! Well I'm going to make up for it and scan all your journals in a minute! 

I had my tutorial today and it went really really well.  I got two merits with 3 stars on each! Wow!!! Still not a distinction but then I've still got that to aim for.  I had excellent comments from my tutor like exemplary, highest order and excellent were some of the words in the tutors comments!!! Can't be bad - I will try and type out his comments so you can read them.  His writing is hard to read!!  In my tutorial today they agreed with me that I should do some sort of installation - well folks this is a new beginning yet again - still with my trees but I will be brining the outside inside with my imagery!! I will let you know how it goes as it moves along!  I still havent worked out how to serialise my essay on here - I will do eventually!! LOL My tutor said that I am the great messenger from the woods!!

Thanks to Stuart for mentioning to me Franz Kafta, my tutor was impressed! He said, oh he is an old friend of mine, ha ha!!! He also gave me someone else to look up Walt Whitman, Specimen Days - now thats interesting Stuart!!!

So only three months then it will be our major exhibition and it will be the end of three years spent at college!! Hopefully I will be staying for another year if I manage to get on the degree top-up!!!

Well on the epidural front, nothing seems to have changed much - Im still in discomfort and infact had more pain than before!! So its not good at the moment. I hope it gets better soon - I really dont know how long Im supposed to give it before it works.

Anyway, I will be visiting all your journals tonight, so see you there!!

Love Laine xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing perfectly fine and being a good journaller, LOL!!! Your work comes first, well done on the two merits with 3 stars!!! Sorry to hear the epidural is not having the desired effect, perhaps it is just having a delayed reaction!!

Anonymous said...

Hey ,very well done ,you are a clever girl ,Sounds as though Stuart gave you lots of good advice ,he's a babe isnt he ?Ihope the results of the epidural kick in soon ................Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well done on your achievement...
Hope the Epidural works for you,and you get some relief!
Painfully yours (lol) Aileen....X

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it's getting more painful to make it better - if you get what i mean!!  Well done with the course - your tutor sounds like he is very impressed with your work - keep it up :-)

Anonymous said...

You have to put yourself first but I know what you mean about missing reading journals. Hope the pain goes soon. I had a myelogram done a few years ago and it involved two epidurals, I still shudder at the pain it caused me! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

Laine you are doing so well ~ 2 Merits and 3 Stars ~ and what lovely comments from your tutor ~ Hope that epidural has kicked in and you are feeling less pain ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((Laine)))))))))))))  Thank you hon' ;)  So sorry you're still hurting.  BRAVO on your tutorial! (LOUD OBNOXIOUS CLAPPING) ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Congrat on those merits. Kafka and Whitman are two of my favorites. Try reading, "The Metamorphosis."
Dianna